Status: Hackathon Finished
Start: June 16, 2021, 5 p.m.
End: June 21, 2021, 6 p.m.
Organisation: Code Institute
#proud-coders Hackathon #8
The theme of Pride 2021 is Community, which we think is pretty cool as this is also the year that we've starting building our #proud-coders community here at Code Institute.
Pride is a time of visibility and celebration for the LGBTQ+ community. It's a time to come together with friends and colleagues to celebrate difference, resilience, and adversity, and a time to educate and bring people together.
- A social networking site connecting members of the LGBTQ+ community who are working in tech.
- An online summer camp for trans teens to come together to celebrate and connect (maybe it could be a coding camp?).
- A platform that promotes Pride education and awareness at events such as gigs, festivals, community gatherings, and more.
- A website where users can find and discuss music, books, art, and more created by people who are LGBTQ+.
- A well-being forum where members of the LGBTQ+ community can connect with each other and well-being professionals.
- An online directory of places, companies, and events that do a great job at promoting Pride (maybe members could give TripAdvisor-style ratings?).
- Or another idea of your teams' choosing that ties in with the theme of Community and Pride.
Join us for Code Institute's first-ever #proud-coders Hackathon.
Let's inspire, connect, and grow Code Institute's LGBTQ+ community and supporters!
ALL ARE WELCOME! As with all Code Institute events, this Hackathon is inclusive, people of all genders and orientations are welcome!
Kick-off event (webinar): Wednesday, June 16th @ 5pm GMT (UK/Irish time)
Project submission deadline: Monday, June 21st @ 3pm GMT (UK/Irish time)
Project Presentations: Monday, June 21st @ 5pm-6.30pm GMT (UK/Irish time)
Don't worry if you have limited coding experience, all levels are welcome, from absolute beginner to advanced developers. We also encourage alumni to participate as well!
This is a smaller Hackathon for members of the #proud-coders group, but all are welcome to join.
What does participation involve?
You'll be assigned to a team, and work together to build a project based on an assigned theme (COMMUNITY).
You can work according to your own schedule, but participants are asked to dedicate a minimum of 4-5 hours to working on the project over the duration of the Hackathon (not necessarily every day).